Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Where can i get my Super-Tak 1.4/50 repaired?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Where can i get my Super-Tak 1.4/50 repaired? Reply with quote

I was shooting an event today, when my Super-Tak 1.4/50 fell out of my bag (i didn't even use it at all today!). I was surprised when i found that the glass was completely fine, but the focus ring gets very difficult to move between 5ft and infinity, but moves fine at any focal point before that. Also, the manual/auto switch now doesn't work properly. Auto mode functions as Manual, and the Manual mode doesn't stop down the aperture at all!

Do you have any suggestions as to where i can get my lens repaired? I'm currently looking up places in Boston and New York, but any advice you have would be much appreciated, thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can i get my Super-Tak 1.4/50 repaired? Reply with quote

Eric fixes Pentax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for such a quick response! i found out about a couple of local places in Boston, so I'm going to go visit them and see if I can get an estimate on Monday. Also, I just realized I was mistaken in my original post -- everything with the Auto/Manual switch works fine. The only problem with the lens is that it gets jammed when you try to focus to 5 ft or beyond.