Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

58mm f/2 Takumar (Sonnar type) M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and sure, Orio! I will mention the camera (and have done so in this topic). However I strongly urge each visitor to install an EXIF reader in their web browser. All it then takes is a right click on a photo to find out all settings and the camera name.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the rendering of this lens makes flower photos look so gorgeous that it has seduced me to be lazy about composition.
Peter your samples are great, amazing color in combination with your Pentax K5 and your PPing skill Wink I love the first one, it's a document of the wonder which is our world, and the last one for the prefect focus plane, the 3 puds in focus

thank you for sharing, viewing them is a great pleasure

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whenever I mount this lens it is a festival day Wink
( all on Pentax K-x )

and what it may be doing best

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:

Brilliant Reds?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
kuuan wrote:

Brilliant Reds?

well yes, stunning colors anyway, albeit after at least 'auto tones' adjustment in Lightroom which increases contrast, blacks a lot.
Combined with it's decent sharpness wide open and beautiful bokeh, photos of flowers 'effortlessly' come out very attractive, by 'effortlessly' I mean even when taking little care for composition

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All shot fully open at f2 in Weinheim/Germany using my Panasonic Lumix GH1 ...

whole set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157627814126189/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a honorary thank you from the designer of that marvellous lens, Ryohei Suzuki!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arigato domo gosaimashita Peter! I never saw his picture before, only read his name!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, great photos,
and yes, domo arigato Peter and above all Suzuki-san for this fabulous lens!

some more flowers, plants around Katano, Japan:
( on Pentax K-x )

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am absolutely enthralled by this lens. Thanks to all for posting your photos. Amazing lens.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspen wrote:
I am absolutely enthralled by this lens. Thanks to all for posting your photos. Amazing lens.

me too Smile
though the f2/58mm Takumar may not have the best resolution power

it nevertheless is my most special lens

( 1 and 4 on NEX5N, 2 and 3 on Pentax K-x, and in case anybody is looking for one, check my sig. Wink )

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results are very good and great for portraiture on a Nex, but IMO a 58mm (or 55mm) lens is of limited use on a film camera.....in fact I don't use 50mm much either Wink