Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Focusing ring material
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Focusing ring material Reply with quote

Got this 3M outdoor anti-slip tape called Safety-Walk. It is 25,4 mm wide so fits many rings.

It finally came off and is not very nice anyways.

This it looks like here, price: 9,90 €, 4,57 meters will repair many lenses.

Approximate lenght.

Don't use your [wife's] best scissors, has some stony materials.

Final lenght.

Stick like glue like the King would say.

Look and feel very German.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job & interesting material!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, next I'll do the same to my Tamron 70-150.

Material does feel nice, don't know what happens when it wears.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent hint! Many thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glue for holding something to stairs ought to have a long lifetime for light-duty use.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks for sharing the hint ...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That stuff is essentially heavy duty sandpaper - keep the lenses well padded and separate, you do not want to have any lens fitted with it move about against your other gear.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
That stuff is essentially heavy duty sandpaper - keep the lenses well padded and separate, you do not want to have any lens fitted with it move about against your other gear.

I usually keep them that way regardless of material. Especially after a c/y-eos adapter made a huge scratch on my Kodak. Fortunately the Kodak material is some self-healing surface, the scratch is now gone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron 70-150. Left is the original. No actual problem, just dirty and sticky as the AD1 ones usually are. (Don't worry, I saved the rubbers for museum value ..)

Here you see also the c/y-eos adapter which is far mode dangerous to other lenses than this focusing ring material.