Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh XR Rikenon 45mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Ricoh XR Rikenon 45mm 2.8 Reply with quote

I know someone who is selling a Ricoh XR Rikenon 45mm 2.8 pancake lens. I have heard that it's rather rare. However, I would like to know if the lens is actually optically good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not heard of it I'm afraid, but Ricoh lenses have a generally good reputation.

Minolta Rokkor 2/45 pancake is excellent and still dirt cheap, but can only be used on mirrorless cams.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. It's a K-mount lens. I think this is a picture of it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minami/538635053/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XR series has good reputation. Buy it and post samples here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will certainly be a nice lens, but quite how people justify calling it (and similar ones) a "pancake" is beyond me. More of a "Yorkshire Pudding" than a "Pancake" Very Happy (Try Googling to see the difference!)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price I'm being quoted for the Ricoh is $60. However, I have no idea if that is a good price or not. There's no historical completed buy info I can find on ebay. It seems to be a rare lens though that doesn't exactly mean it's optically good.

I think they call it a pancake for anything that's a bit squished. Although after seeing pics of it, it's not as compact as the Panasonic 14mm f2.5 for m4/3. I wouldn't call it pudding size just maybe a really thick biscuit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

60$ is OK. Since Ricoh bought Pentax i predict 5% rise of prices on Ricoh lenses Smile.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds expensive for me, I would expect a lesser price for the lens with a camera attached. Price only for rarety, no macro but a simple Tessar like 4 elements? MFD 60cm. Something like the older 55mm 2.8 M42 Rikenon that you can buy for very little money. Not a bad lens though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just put this in perspective: it's basically a slow 'regular' lens. For $60. And it isn't a Leica or a Zeiss.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also compare with Pentax SMC 2.8/40mm price. And take into account there is not even one sample of Ricoh available at the moment on Ebay (well i am sure a detective will find it).