Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang 14mm on tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Samyang 14mm on tour Reply with quote

This lens is soooo wide on my 5D Very Happy

Here's a few snaps from NYC taken last week (we had some serious rain!):

It's a great lens alright, but an ultra-wide prime has limited uses. So I need to keep changing lenses. I think I need a 5D II to keep it attached to, freeing up the 5D classic for a normal lens. Now, how do I get the wife to agree to that...? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham wrote:
Now, how do I get the wife to agree to that...?

it's honeymooning time, work harder !
I got for 2500$ of photographic tools 15 years ago in NYC, price was low at those time

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice impression of NYC.

Am I seeing some colour shift (cyan/green cast towards the borders) in the shot with the statue of liberty?

This lens is so crazy cheap -- $289 on amazon.com (the Bell & Howell version).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely images.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys Smile

AhamB, I'm holed up in a motel using a netbook with a crappy screen at the mo, when I get back I will inspect the images on my IPS screen and get back to you. It wouldn't surprise me if there were one or two compromises (we all know about the moustache distortion for example) at this price Smile

It drew a few comments from the locals though!