Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Paragon ( Cimko ) 135mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Super Paragon ( Cimko ) 135mm f2.8 Reply with quote

There's been some discussion about Super Paragon lenses, the Cimko manufactured ones, so I thought I'd take my 135mm f2.8 out today.
This was the lens that cost me £3 complete with a resident dead fly. Once he'd been exhumed the lens was in near mint condition.
All these pictures were shot at the widest stop possible, but don't ask me what.
I like this lens, it's a light and compact lens with nice ergonomics, it does exactly what it sets out to do - take good pictures for a budget price, back in the day I don't think this was an expensive lens being the store brand for Photax.

They have all had some colour / curve adjustment, but not much - except the chimney shot which has had a fair bit.
But none have been sharpened, or cropped

ISO 400 1/1000

ISO 200 1/180

ISO 100 1/60

ISO200 1/500

ISO 200 1/60

ISO200 1/1000

[

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These results look very good!
Very nice contrast.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have also read that Cimko lenses aren't very good, but there is some strong evidence against this, the Ensinor/Clubman 2.8/24 and 2.8/28 are both really good and probably Cimko lenses. I have a Super Paragon 28-100 which isn't great but isn't bad either. I have the big brother of your 135, a Super Paragon 200mm, I can't remember precisely how good or bad it was, I'll pass it on to you to play with if you like.

Some samples with the Super Paragon 200, it looks exactly like your 135 in styling of the barrel, lettering etc: