Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Variable-Look Cinematic Lens System
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:14 pm    Post subject: Variable-Look Cinematic Lens System Reply with quote

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/moment/the-tuner-create-classic-cinematic-looks-on-your-camera

Time to dig out our cheap tele/wide conveter and focal reducer??

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this looks terrible. why not just buy a tub of vaseline for a quid?

I'm the biggest fan of characterful lens rendition, but I see no character there, just image degradation, and not in a visually pleasing way. also, limited to f/1.4? how does this go together with cinematography these days?
if I were forced to spend 2k on a gimmick, I'd have an arri impression filter kit.

anyway, thanks for pointing it out! always happy to discover what I don't need.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kathala wrote:
this looks terrible. why not just buy a tub of vaseline for a quid?

I'm the biggest fan of characterful lens rendition, but I see no character there, just image degradation, and not in a visually pleasing way. also, limited to f/1.4? how does this go together with cinematography these days?
if I were forced to spend 2k on a gimmick, I'd have an arri impression filter kit.

anyway, thanks for pointing it out! always happy to discover what I don't need.

Yes. I like the implementation of arri impression filter kit more than this Variable-Look system.