Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

80mm 2(cccp) and cmena lens 40mm 4(lomo made lens)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: 80mm 2(cccp) and cmena lens 40mm 4(lomo made lens) Reply with quote

i tried some experiments with these lenses
80mm 2

80mm 2

80mm 2 with ex tube

40 mm 4 lomo

80mm 2 with ex tube

80mm 2 plus 40mm 4 together used

80mm 2 plus 40mm 4 together used

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are absolutely brilliant! Can we see some picture of the lenses?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is the first time i read about these lenses and the samples you are showing are great ... The macros are really nice, but my preferred is the #1 ...

What about showing some pictures of the lenses and/or setup ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good lenses with very well taken photographs!

Cool!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images. Looking forward to pics of the lens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those shots are truly wonderful, particularly the spider and frog pics.

I own a Chilean Fire Tarantula and I often wondered if I could manage a decent picture of him, not I see it is perfectly possible I will have to try!

Fanatastic work, thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pictures.

Could you please show this lens? I'm interesting it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: here is the lomo lens Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: 80mm 2 cccp lens is well known Jupiter Reply with quote

JUPİTER 9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are impressive results! Very Happy

I just found a custom T-43 lens with m39 screw mount, can't wait to test it! Wink

sneak peak here

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone share how they are adapting this lens?
Is it able to focus to infinity?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work!

My LTM-fit Jupiter-9 is one of the reasons I bought a mirrorless body, so I could continue to use it once I went "fully digital". I continue to look for an slr version, but they sell for too much money for my budget Sad

I've acquired a T-43, but it's still in the "pending" bin. I doubt it'll be useable on my DSLR, but it should adapt to the mirrorless with a suitable spacer Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mirrorless camera. I thought the FFD was too short for the lens to be able to focus fully on a SLR.

However, I am looking for specifics on how to adapt the lens properly on mirrorless. All I have seen was removing the lens wrapping some tape around it and putting it into a M42 helicoid. I would think that by doing that you won't be able to focus to infinity and would have limited use of the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbass wrote:
I have a mirrorless camera. I thought the FFD was too short for the lens to be able to focus fully on a SLR.

However, I am looking for specifics on how to adapt the lens properly on mirrorless. All I have seen was removing the lens wrapping some tape around it and putting it into a M42 helicoid. I would think that by doing that you won't be able to focus to infinity and would have limited use of the lens.

If you're talking about the T-43, get yourself a plastic body-cap for your mirrorless, drill a decent hole in the middle of it, then glue an appropriate-length spacer to the body-cap and fit the lens to the other end of the spacer. How thick the spacer is will depend on which body you have, but you can lash something up with a piece of cardboard tube to get an idea of the measurements, then cut the spacer to suit. Cut it a millimetre or two long then trim carefully by trial and error 'till it's just right. The whole job should take well less than an hour once you've collected the materials!

More expensive options are available Wink

Good luck Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That solution lacks a way to focus. At that point wouldn't I be better off just using bellows?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbass wrote:
That solution lacks a way to focus. At that point wouldn't I be better off just using bellows?

Not if you mount the lens and shutter complete, just as it came off the camera. Simply jam the shutter open or remove the shutter blades, but retain the focussing thread and aperture mechanism, much like this :

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbass wrote:

The Lomo T-43 lens can be focused fully on a Sony E-mount camera if mounted in a short m42 helicoid. I did it with mine. However, it needs some adaptation.
Using the focussing system of the lens is not very appealing because it can't focus closer than 1m.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
cbass wrote:

The Lomo T-43 lens can be focused fully on a Sony E-mount camera if mounted in a short m42 helicoid. I did it with mine. However, it needs some adaptation.
Using the focussing system of the lens is not very appealing because it can't focus closer than 1m.

... that's when the helicoid, extension tubes or bellows come into play ... in the meantime the lens can be used for "normal" photography Wink