Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax-M 80-200mm f4 - disassembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Pentax-M 80-200mm f4 - disassembly Reply with quote

Hello... I'm trying to get to the front 3rd element on this lens... I can't seem to get beyond the second element - anyone has a clue as to how?

I want to avoid opening from the back...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've dismantled a fair number of lenses, although never a Pentax. It's been my experience that, with an interior element or group, it's almost always held in place by a slotted ring that would be removed with a lens spanner. If you don't have a slotted ring holding that element in place, then just about the only thing I could suggest would be to try a large rubber stopper on it and see if you can twist it loose. It might be mounted in a receptacle that's threaded into place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the spanner is used to get the first element out... then the second element just sits there, nothing holding it in place, and not giving in... I gotta get behind that one...

I have a few stoppers that I use for these reasons... gonna need a 52mm one which might be hard to find. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a search on eBay for - 2" rubber stopper - and got a bunch of hits, including this one:

Click here to see on Ebay

They have the size you need. Comes from China though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I did a search on eBay for - 2" rubber stopper - and got a bunch of hits, including this one:

Click here to see on Ebay

They have the size you need. Comes from China though.

Thanks - I did order ones just after seeing the message... another forum recommended maybe a rubber strap wrench. Looking to get both these items to see if I can prevail.

I took some pics today with the lens, it is not so affected. But it bothers me!!!

thanks again