Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

leica r 35mm, lens having tilt problem need fix
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: leica r 35mm, lens having tilt problem need fix Reply with quote

Hello,

i buy 2 weeks ago a leica r 35mm 1.4, i think that the lens was ok but after some shoots it seem it have a little tilt problem ( the left and right side are not at the same sharpnes even at > f5.6 )

- the "1" is much taller than "2" about 1mm.
- if i push in "c" to the left side i can reduce the difference between "1" & "2".
- i can move the "a" side from the "b" side about 1 mm (or maybe less)

I'm in France and far from Paris where the few repair shop are, i send email to a famous one (nicorep) and he told me to see with Leica.
I send an email to Leica, no responce yet but i think it will cost 200/300euro at least + postage to Germany....

I need some advice for fixing this please. thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The value of a working 35/1.4 is way too much more than 2/300 euro. If can be fixed would be a good solution...

Without disassembling is quite hard to say what's the problem, maybe teh lens has been dropped (as the marks on the hood may suggest)

As you can see the internal mechanics isn't so simple

and for what I can see the 1&2 "parts" shouldn't be visible as far as I can argue from the photos (never had the luck to seen one directly Very Happy ) and from my copy of the elmarit-R 90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the answer & advice.

i think the 1&2 "parts" are visible her, i can focus to infinity and 50cm.

Your right, the focus ring and hood have marks, the lens has been dropped maybe by previous owner.

I will go to a local repair shop ( not leica official) in my city to see with them if they can fix.

Best regards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i drop the lens at the repair shop, i have to call them in one week to see what they can do.
wait and see