Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar (Komine - Serial 28XXXXXX) 28-90 f2.8-3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Vivitar (Komine - Serial 28XXXXXX) 28-90 f2.8-3.5 Reply with quote

An oldie but a goodie I think.
I was in town today and had some time to myself so a few piccies came my way.
I have shared some here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-komine-serial-28xxxxxx-28-90-f2-8-3-5-t60832.html
This is a very handy carry around lens in spite of its length.
Here is the lens on my Nikon:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet....I found the same lens a couple of weeks ago...but...the leaves are too oily for use as AUTO-Aperture on a Nikon...but works manually on my Canon just fine...it's a very nice, high IQ lens...enjoy...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vivitar S1 28-90 is one of my all-time favorite zooms. Back when I shot lots of 35mm, if I wished to carry light, I'd pack my 35mm SLR with the 28-90 and a long tele zoom. I've taken many great photos with it. These days, I have one in Nikon mount (my old one was Canon FD mount -- sold it over 20 years ago.) that I use with my EOS DSLR as well as my Nikon film cameras. I want to get another one eventually for my Canon FD outfit, now that I'm back into Canon FD again.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great lens and very versatile. At 28mm it's the widest I have so I use it for the occasional landscape. Great for portraits and macros. My go-to lens for hummingbirds.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here are some images from the orchid show today.
Very poor indoor lighting.
All shot at ISO 640 and @ f4 hand held.
Very shallow DOF of course

Other images at lower ISO and higher f stops can be seen here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-komine-serial-28xxxxxx-28-90-f2-8-3-5-t60832.html

Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has amazing depth to its sharpness spectrum. Nice DOF.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, a fantastic lens. Mine is in FD mount, so I can't use it on DSLR, but it gets plenty of use on my T90.