Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar (Komine - Serial 28XXXXXX) 28-90 f2.8-3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Vivitar (Komine - Serial 28XXXXXX) 28-90 f2.8-3.5 Reply with quote

An oldie but a goodie I think.
I was in town today and had some time to myself so a few piccies came my way.
I have shared some here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-komine-serial-28xxxxxx-28-90-f2-8-3-5-t60832.html
This is a very handy carry around lens in spite of its length.
Here is the lens on my Nikon:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet....I found the same lens a couple of weeks ago...but...the leaves are too oily for use as AUTO-Aperture on a Nikon...but works manually on my Canon just fine...it's a very nice, high IQ lens...enjoy...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vivitar S1 28-90 is one of my all-time favorite zooms. Back when I shot lots of 35mm, if I wished to carry light, I'd pack my 35mm SLR with the 28-90 and a long tele zoom. I've taken many great photos with it. These days, I have one in Nikon mount (my old one was Canon FD mount -- sold it over 20 years ago.) that I use with my EOS DSLR as well as my Nikon film cameras. I want to get another one eventually for my Canon FD outfit, now that I'm back into Canon FD again.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great lens and very versatile. At 28mm it's the widest I have so I use it for the occasional landscape. Great for portraits and macros. My go-to lens for hummingbirds.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here are some images from the orchid show today.
Very poor indoor lighting.
All shot at ISO 640 and @ f4 hand held.
Very shallow DOF of course

Other images at lower ISO and higher f stops can be seen here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-komine-serial-28xxxxxx-28-90-f2-8-3-5-t60832.html

Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has amazing depth to its sharpness spectrum. Nice DOF.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, a fantastic lens. Mine is in FD mount, so I can't use it on DSLR, but it gets plenty of use on my T90.