Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

kowa "ser" 2.8/35 kowa mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: kowa "ser" 2.8/35 kowa mount Reply with quote

Hello everybody, my first topic here! yeee! Very Happy
So I'm trying to start with something remarkable: here is a kowa lens, 2.8/35, coming from a "ser" system. I've been not able to find any example of this lens, except one right here on the forum, so after taking it apart to clean it, putting it {luckily} together and sticking it on an T2-EOS adapter {with lots of tape...}, I gave it a go. The camera is an EOS 300D.
Well, what can I say, I must admit I've been pretty surprised and pleased of the outcomes...

these shots are almost as out of the camera, just a slight color correction. As you may suspect, they are taken at full aperture, b/c you can't get to manually control aperture (actually you could, but I'm too lazy by now to work out a mechanical solution).
Next shot have just been a little cropped for composition taste.

Last one, a BW conversion because of the noise. A bit cropped and some PP here, I had a mood in mind.

Well, as you can guess, I'm pleased! Really pleased! Love the OOF areas the most, but to me it looks even pretty sharp in focus areas at 2.8{even if focussing is A PAIN because of the way the lens is sticked on the adapter}.
Colors are rendered pretty well, moreover there's this punchy contrast that I really appreciate.
So, not really a walk-around lens by now, but as soon as I'll figure out how to stick it more permanently, I think it will share a fair amount of time on my {beloved} drebel!
Score: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy out of 4!

Last edited by madmanno on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems I'm not able to show you the pictures....if anybody could give me an help....tried with BB and with HTML format....dunno... Mad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Try again now, images urls disabled in first post as spam prevention.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Attila very, very much! now it works! yeeee!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good posts and great news for me as I have a Kowa camera and at least two lenses, which may be just as good.

One day I will be able to test that!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, thank you very much! glad you liked my first try!
I've been able to test that lens furthermore, and I really think it's a keeper! love it! just a note, you're gonna need a lens hood, b/c it seems to be pretty prone to flares. but, whatever....
what lenses do you have?
please, let me know if you have some idea about a smarter mount adapter!!!
{btw, I'm going to post some other shots taken with it, but I don't know if I can do it here...}

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Madmanno, I am no longer notified of replies to posts. Have raised it, but doesn't work.

I have a genuine case of LBA, acquisition of lenses. Trying to stop!

Haven't had a chance to examine the lens mounts.

Keep doing what you enjoy!