Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

35mm f/3.5 Super Takumar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: 35mm f/3.5 Super Takumar Reply with quote

Hi all,

This last week I had to fly out to Seattle on business and only had room in the carry on baggage for a small kit. I decided on the NEX-3 with a 35mm f/3.5 Super Takumar. I think it was a good choice!

Please take a look at what a nice small outfit the f/3.5 makes starpped on to the NEX. This also includes the adapter.

Shown under that photo, for size comparison, are my other M42 mount 35mm favorites: the 35mm f/2 Super Tak and the Vivitar 35mm f/1.9. The Vivitar is the one piece of gear I still have left from my very first reeal camera outfit - a Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic II, 50mm f/1.4 SMC Takumar, and the aforementioned Vivitar (c. 1975).

Lastly, please check out the images I was able to get with the f/3.5 from the top of the Seattle Space Needle - that's Mount Rainier in the background. For some reason, the weather was absolutely clear and sunny in Seattle all week - a rare occurrence! Now I am back in CT bracing for the torrential rains and high winds of hurricane Irene.

Most shots were taken at F/8 and some of the images have 100% crops supplied.

Thanks for looking,

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, absolutely excellent set! My faves are 1, 5, and all the night shots,
some fine work. I have this very same lens that I used once when I had
an Olympus E300, need to try it again.

Thanks for sharing! Cool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great presentation with the 100% crops, and wow, nice to see how well the tiny but mighty 3.5/35 Tak matches a NEX.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, beautiful travel combos !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a good looking - and great working - combo for sure. The 35-3.5 is one fantastic little lens.