Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nex 5N and EVF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Nex 5N and EVF Reply with quote

For those who haven't heard, yesterday Sony announced several new cameras, including the Nex-5N and the Nex-7. The former has an EVF as accessory ($350) and the latter has it built in. Previews on dpreview.com

I'm quite disappointed by the fact that the EVF won't work on older Nex models. What was the point of such a complex interface, if the only accessory is the flash?

The Nex-5N also has a touchscreen, but it doesn't do anything too impressive. It initiates subject tracking with AF lenses, yet the camera only fires once you hit the shutter button - weird.

Hmm, I'll be sticking it out for a bit before I finally get a Nex.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly why I sold my Nex last week Wink

I'm assuming 24MP will be too much for me, so am looking forward to grabbing a Nex-5N with the viewfinder once the prices drop a little Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the got rid of the permanent pre-flash the Nex3/5 are firing for flash exposure and which can't be deactivated.