Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lowest tide on the planet
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Lowest tide on the planet Reply with quote

It's in Fundy Bay.
Especially in this small village called Alma, the water withdraws 1 km.
There are controversies between Quebec and New Brunswick and apparently Quebec won as having the lowest tide on the planet. But if you ask a New Brunswick habitant you'll find out that they have the world record. And so on.
A few pictures taken in Alma :

Lobster boats floating

Same ones sitting on the seabed

This one taken at the lowest tide with 50mm. I had my feet in the water.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowest tide on the planet Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
It's in Fundy Bay.
Especially in this small village called Alma, the water withdraws 1 km.
There are controversies between Quebec and New Brunswick and apparently Quebec won as having the lowest tide on the planet. But if you ask a New Brunswick habitant you'll find out that they have the world record. And so on.

I like the small cliff and the ocean mist -nice capture. Didn't know Canada had the lowest tide-thats very interesting- thanks foe sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is very nice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a place! Great pictures, colorful boats are especially good. It would be nice to see more from this place.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones, looks like you had typically Alma weather (fog). Did you spend any time in Fundy Park? There are some beautiful spots there, some easier to get at then others.

That tide really has to be seen to be believed. So much water is moving into the bay at high tide that the final 60 km of the Petticodiac river flows backwards.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long does it take for the water to return?
I also like #1 Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:
How long does it take for the water to return?
I also like #1 Wink

Not to hijack the thread, but it's a semidurnal tide, twice a day, roughly 6 hours to go in, 6 hours to go out.

BTW the wikipedia atricle on tides also has shots of an Alma lobster boat at low and high tide Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys!
Much appreciated!
I'll work some more boats to upload.
I stayed in Fundy Park at Fundy Highland chalet and I've wandered on every possible path/trail. See the the panorama that I put on Oversized Gallery at Laverty Fall.
Yep, fog is part of everyday life in Alma.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more boats

This one taken at Parlee Beach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Thank you guys!
Much appreciated!
I'll work some more boats to upload.
I stayed in Fundy Park at Fundy Highland chalet and I've wandered on every possible path/trail. See the the panorama that I put on Oversized Gallery at Laverty Fall.
Yep, fog is part of everyday life in Alma.

Heh I saw that one, it's a beaut. Didn't realize it was Laverty.

Don't get out there much these days, maybe once the kids get bigger...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed through Moncton on my way to Plage Parlee.
I intended to go to PEI, take some pictures of the Confederation bridge but it started to rain badly and I abandoned the trip.
Coming back I stopped in Moncton to buy some food because, man, I went nuts with the food price in Alma. Not only there was no food but what that depanneur/gas station had on shelves was hellishly expensive. It was Moncton otherwise I would've gone to Sussex.