Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Action shots -- fetch
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Action shots -- fetch Reply with quote

So I haven't yet gotten an AF 35 or 50mm, so I've been using my Quantaray (Tamron-made) 70-300 to catch the dogs in action. The focal distance means some of the shots lost the dogs feet, but overall there were some passable results. Here is the whole album (no all the photos were AF, some were even FILM!):

https://picasaweb.google.com/102333270936007447976/Dogs2011

Here's Cheever missing a catch. Not all jumps are spot-on.

At 75 pounds, he can jump fairly well. For his highest jumps, his flank actually goes higher than his head and he reaches horizontal on his way down. I'm 6'4" and his flank can go above my head.

After about 20 minutes or so, the Wubba becomes saturated in drool. That helps it go further when I toss it and also makes for some great shots of drool-splosions.

More than once Cheever's grabbed the Wubba out of the air in front of Hannah. Sometimes they both grab it and then fight for a while over who gets to not bring it back to me.