Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Emerson Park Bradenton Florida
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Emerson Park Bradenton Florida Reply with quote

1943 Speed Graphic
OPTAR 6.8 90mm 3 1/2" LENS
GRAPHEX SHUTTER
Arista Edu 4x5 film iso 100
Developed in Arista Developer

Questions and comments always welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are where I think I'll end up sometime in the next couple of years, with a Speed Graphic. That's way cool.

On the 'print' I'd do something with curves/contrast, and I'm not sure where your focus is set?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shot melvis! i actually will be down there soon for some r&r and much picture taking. will be bringing recently received zeiss ikonta and konica tc-x and probably either contax cam or rollei rf...we scheduled some time in bradenton so maybe we'll visit this park. any other must see's?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:

On the 'print' I'd do something with curves/contrast, and I'm not sure where your focus is set?

What program do you use for adjusting the curves?

Focus was about dead center of the roots on the right side of the picture.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
any other must see's?

Myakka River State Park - Canopy Walk and a large tower for sweeping views

Robinson Perserve - Large tower in the center of the park and board walks

Venice Rookery - Bring at least a 300mm lens

Tampa Electric’s Manatee Viewing Center - Manatee Viewing

Lido Beach - If the wind is up you can catch the kite surfers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmelvis wrote:
What program do you use for adjusting the curves?

Focus was about dead center of the roots on the right side of the picture.

Ah, yes... the bush in the foreground looks like a crab Wink

I use Elements, the latest version has a very limited curves ability, the older ones had none at all. But Bill (Katastrofo) sent me a free curves plugin, I can't recall the name of it, and I'm not sure it's out on the internets any longer.

But there are non-curves ways to do this sort of thing with Elements - dup the layer and blend it back in 'soft light' adjusting the transparency, this multiplies the darker areas leaving the lighter ones more or less alone.