Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 100-200 f5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 100-200 f5.6 Reply with quote

I just bought one of the Bay. Single picture, bad discription. I think this is the final MD version or the Rokkor X version.
It was listed as 3/4" scratch on lens. Dosen't say whether it's on the body or optics.
Another gamble lens. Paid single bid of USD $5.98 + $7.98 shipping toal $13.98.
Can't really find any test results on the Minolta MD 100-200. So if anyone has tried one let me know.
Well the way I look at it is if the lens is bad I just slightly overpaid for a nice set of original lens caps. Laughing Which I need anyway. Smile
Here is the listing pic.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good buy! At that price its definitely worth the gamble. Even if the scratch is on the glass, it won't have much effect with a long focal length like this unless it is very deep.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mark. I'm hoping for the best. I will test it when I get it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it today. Very Happy Scratch is on front optic, but not very deep. Smile So it shouldn't effect IQ.
This is the Rokkor X version made in 1977. The weight with caps is 592 grams, and it is a 8/5 design with a MFD of 2.5 meters. filter ring is 55mm, and it's a 1 touch design. Set at infinity mesurement at 100mm is 6.75", and at 200mm is just under 8.25".

I've actually wanted one of these for awhile, but I was waiting for the right one at the right price. Very Happy I'm really pleased with the condition.
With the work I need to do over the next couple days it will put off testing of this lens until Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch Walter. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of it.
Looking forward for some pictures.
Try to shoot against the sun to see the flare. I'm curious about that scratch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
Good catch Walter. Smile

Thanks, Ron. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Never heard of it.
Looking forward for some pictures.
Try to shoot against the sun to see the flare. I'm curious about that scratch.

I will. I should have time on Saturday for test shots.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm home to pick up supplies, so time for one quick picture.
It's windy so I'm sure there is movement in the pic. Shot at f8 with no glass adapter.
NO PP.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't been home early enough to test the lens.
Just for fun, I tried shooting the moon with the glass adapter.First shot at f5.6, second shot at f8.Minor PP and standard sharpening.
Cropped and resized. It's a shame I had to use a glass adapter, I think on the right camera this lens would do pretty good for moon shots.

Shot at 200mm f5.6

Shot at 200mm f8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good purchase.

In my country there is one like yours at @ USD 67.

My son likes it very much.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Good purchase.

In my country there is one like yours at @ USD 67.

My son likes it very much.

Rino.

Rino, Thank You. It's a very simple design lens that's easy to use.I'm looking foward to more testing. I think I'm going to like it too. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot at about 160mm at f8 with standard sharpening. If you look at my other thread with the Minolta Celtic 200mm f4 thread you will see a shot that is almost the same.I used a tripod and shot both from the same angle.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one's superb Walter! Does this lens have constant aperture value too?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
That one's superb Walter! Does this lens have constant aperture value too?

Thanks. Smile Yes it does, f5.6. I think they're pretty decent zooms considering they were alot cheaper then other Minolta zooms.
Pretty simple design that they kept in production from 1965 thru the mid 1980's. Mine is about a 1977-78 lens.
I really didn't know what to expect, but I'm happy with the performance. Very Happy