Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to remove and glue back the glued lens element
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: How to remove and glue back the glued lens element Reply with quote

Hi Friends,

I have tried cleaning one of my lens that has haze. When I opened it I discovered that the haze is actually situated in between 2 glued lens element. Have anyone here has separate these lenses before and if you have then what glue do you use to glue them back after cleaning. Those who knows please PM me. Thank you for your time.

Kind regards
stratboy99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually not worth to do it and not possible by DIY at home, need professional repair man and costly, worth to do it only on valuable lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Usually not worth to do it and not possible by DIY at home, need professional repair man and costly, worth to do it only on valuable lenses.

In my life its all about self satisfaction and achievement. I hv rode over 850 miles to the Phuket Island(Thailand) on my 1941 Matchless alone and once to Koh Samui and back and that's about 1000 miles on the same bike. Well, nothing is impossible to me really.

Anyone who knows the the way to do it, please PM me and you won't regret it, I promise.

Waiting for the right person to contact me. Thank you.

regards
stratboy99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tinyurl.com/7oukxre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I succesfuly separated a rear element from a travegon with overnight dip in acetone. You can also try this link,

http://www.atmsite.org/contrib/Sapp/LensGlue/

Good luck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/7oukxre

There's a LOT of good stuff on that site. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haze is very good Wink it probably mean you can seperate the elements and then glue them back.

1 problem when seperating is how you do it. you can cook the lens in oil (better off cooking in technical oil wich has no color to it.)
2 problem is that when it is cooking in oil the coatings become soft and they will be scratched unless you work to prevent this.

i havent tried acetone but it sure sounds better then cooking Wink

after that you need to glue em back... in a pretty controlled enviroment, any dust or moisture or oily surface will cause alot of problems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: How to remove and glue back the glued lens element Reply with quote

Attila, visualopsins, inombrable, Lloyds, Smoli4 - Thank you all, really appreciate yr replies.