Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Macro Apo Lanthar 125mm repair? stuck aperture
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander Macro Apo Lanthar 125mm repair? stuck aperture Reply with quote

Howdy,

Anybody know anybody who's worked on the Voigt 125mm macro? I've got one with a Canon mount, and I've been getting doomsday pronouncements. It worked well, then I shipped it in orig. packaging to a friend; then it didn't work anymore. Blades stuck open.

One diagnosis--which probably did not include taking it apart to inspect inside--was that the motor is shot. Cosina no longer makes, or has, any of these parts; and probably nobody else does, either. Maybe it's my not wanting to throw away a $1.5 lens, but I'm holding out hope that someone knows this lens intimately and can give me a little informed help.

Thanks,

Jeff


PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Voigtlander 125mm repair? stuck aperture Reply with quote

jdeitch11 wrote:
Howdy,

Anybody know anybody who's worked on the Voigt 125mm macro? I've got one with a Canon mount, and I've been getting doomsday pronouncements. It worked well, then I shipped it in orig. packaging to a friend; then it didn't work anymore. Blades stuck open.

One diagnosis--which probably did not include taking it apart to inspect inside--was that the motor is shot. Cosina no longer makes, or has, any of these parts; and probably nobody else does, either. Maybe it's my not wanting to throw away a $1.5 lens, but I'm holding out hope that someone knows this lens intimately and can give me a little informed help.

Thanks,

Jeff


Hi Jeff,

I just joined the group and happen to saw you post. I have fixed this lens and I also have the repair manual.
If you're interested, just send me an email and I will send the files


PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens and woudl be happy to also get a copy!

--> postmaster AT macrolenses.de

Thanks a lot, Klaus


PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander 125mm repair? stuck aperture Reply with quote

Thank you! And yes, I'd love to receive anything you've got that might help in the future.

I thought I'd posted this, but maybe it was on a second site where I'd posted my cry for help. Here it is, first time, or again:

Joe from Tempe Camera (Arizona) did a bang-up job fixing the Voigt. He is a class act, as is the whole organization, and I can't recommend them highly enough. Every detail in the process--communication, coordination among the departments at Tempe, shipping and billing--was as smooth as you could imagine, in a world where we must usually merely imagine the simplest operation going smoothly at all. Whereas about 19 places told me I now owned a $1.5k paperweight, Joe fixed the problem quickly and most, most reasonably.

My e-mail is jeff.deitchman@verizonl.net I'd be happy to talk with anyone about my experience with Tempe and/or about the Voigt.

Thanks again


PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy that you got it fixed. Please post the contact details of the one who does that, as there might be other reading about that later here via google. THX!


PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander 125mm repair? stuck aperture Reply with quote

tempecamera.com is the place to go, all the way.


PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repair manual sent.

If you happen to be in Singapore, I can even show you how I fix this lens. Smile


PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatigue wrote:
Repair manual sent.

If you happen to be in Singapore, I can even show you how I fix this lens. Smile

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your willingness to help and share. Very Happy Cool


PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sad to hear Klaus,I wonder did the original poster receive a manual?


PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don'T think so, but I guess he got it repaired by a camera service company.


PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

i know that the thread is very old but i need to know if there is still anybody who knows this problem and has a solution?
Does the mentioned repair Manual exist?


PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbuergi wrote:
Hi all,

i know that the thread is very old but i need to know if there is still anybody who knows this problem and has a solution?
Does the mentioned repair Manual exist?


No, unfortunately a complete Repair Manual never showed up...