Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need a good camera repair service
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Need a good camera repair service Reply with quote

I recently acquired an Olympus 35 S rangefinder camera that someone seems to have tried repairing. They did not do a very good job with it.

The film advance lever is not coupled to the Seikosha leaf shutter and doesn't advance the film.
The focus helical is not where it is supposed to be. The lens assembly sticks out too far.
As a result of the helical being mis-placed the rangefinder is no longer coupled properly.
The accessory shoe is missing.
The ring around the focus nearest to the camera body is loose.
The viewfinder window in the front has a glass panel that is loose.
The shutter probably needs a good cleaning as well as the whole camera.

I do not believe anything is broken or missing other than the accessory shoe and I would try putting things back in place myself but after having cataract surgery on my eyes I cannot see well enough to do this myself.

I asked my favorite shop V-Photo of Atlanta and William Matiz the owner said he no longer work on that model.

Any good names for repair on older rangefinder-viewfinder cameras? In the US preferably.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a guy Karl Bryan who mainly works on Minolta but may be willing to give this a try... karl.kathy@frontier.com He did a great job with my Autocord.
Near where I live is a place with a great rep, but Embarassed I haven't actually used them, though it's a 20 minute drive from my house.
http://www.essexcamera.com/
Finally, check baldmountain et al to see if they are interested in the work...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
There's a guy Karl Bryan who mainly works on Minolta but may be willing to give this a try... karl.kathy@frontier.com He did a great job with my Autocord.
Near where I live is a place with a great rep, but Embarassed I haven't actually used them, though it's a 20 minute drive from my house.
http://www.essexcamera.com/
Finally, check baldmountain et al to see if they are interested in the work...

Thanks Jussi. I'll check them out. Here are a few photos of the poor thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a beauty-shame its in a repair state. I am curious if you've ventured over to the Rangefinder forum-possibly find some suggestions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
Thats a beauty-shame its in a repair state. I am curious if you've ventured over to the Rangefinder forum-possibly find some suggestions.

Not yet. But I have inquired at the Camera Collector forum. I may wind up doing it myself if I could just find the time. Working 7 days a week and 10-12 hour days doesn't leave much time.