Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 28mm f 3.5 or Mir 10A 28mm f 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Super Takumar 28mm f 3.5 or Mir 10A 28mm f 3.5 Reply with quote

Hello everybody.

I'm going to change my 28mm (an Auto-Beroflex 28mm) I can get a Super Takumar 28mm f 3.5 or an Mir 10A 28mm f 3.5, both similar price.
Someone knows these two lenses?, which one is sharper?

I use a Praktica M42 and black and white film.

Thank you Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also consider the Meyer Lydith 3.5/30, it's usually a lot cheaper than either of those lenses and is excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't impressed either of them Takumar or MIR, I vote for Lydith too or Pentacon 30mm.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you really looking for only sharpness?

Here are just a few other things to consider:
Mir's close focus is 0.2m. Takumar's is 0.4m.
Mir has star shaped aperture blades (like industar 61 L/Z or Volna-9). Takumar has traditional hexagon.
Mir is physically very large - 7.5cm long, 7cm wide, and 515g. Takumar is 4cm long, 5.5cm wide, and 212g.
Mir has 67mm filter threads and large front element. Takumar has 49mm filter threads and smaller front element.
Mir is a two-ring preset aperture system. Takumar is auto (with pin) or manual.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all.

themoleman342, you are right, not only sharpness is important, in fact I'm considering many other factors. Thank you for your suggestions.

About the Meyer Lydith 3.5/30, I never heard about it before. I've been looking some pictures taken with it and I'm very impressed. And yes, it's much more cheaper than Mir and Takumar.
I've changed my mind and I think I will go for it.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid 12ukp for mine and it is very good, I use it a lot.

On my EOS 10D:

With Kodak Coloplus 200 film in my Carenar SRH760:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the Super-Tak and the Mir are single-coated. If you'd mentioned an SMC version , the Takumar would be a clear winner. The way it is, it's a tough choice. I'd probably go with the Mir for its collector/sentimental value, but IQ wise they're about the same.
http://www.prime35.com/s-m-c-takumar-28mm-f3-5/