Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapter for Vega 3 (zenit 4-5-6) to Nex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Adapter for Vega 3 (zenit 4-5-6) to Nex Reply with quote

Hello,

Beeing curious about the Vega-3 50mm/2.8, I made some researchs on the net about a way to adapt it on my Nex.

What I found is that it has the same bayonet mount as Voigtländer Bessamatic...so, an adapter like this one could do the job.

But, according to the russian wikipedia (only), even if it has the same mount, the flange focal distance is not the same.

Quote:
Тип крепления объектива — байонет Ц, геометрически подобный байонету системы Bessamatic. Объективы «Bessamatic», тем не менее, использовать нельзя из-за несовпадения рабочего отрезка камеры.

~Type of mount - bayonet Ц, geometricaly identital to bessamatic bayonet system. But the "bessamatic" lenses can't be used because of a camera's different flange focal distance.

I also found the list of bayonet mount with their caracteristics in russian, where I can find this bayonet Ц :

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%82_%28%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%85%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0%29

Distance is 47,58 for this type of bayonet,

Whereas I can see here that Voigtländer Bessamatic has distance 44,7.

The thing is that russian wikipedia is the only site which mention this difference. All other site tell that it's the same mount, and I never found any trace of Bayonet Ц mount on other sites.

So, anyone already tried to mount such lens on a Nex?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Rubin 2.8 37-80 Reply with quote

Interesting topic, I found Rubin 2.8 37-80 but there is now adapter ti use this lenses on digital cameras. But look at this specification http://www.zenitcamera.com/qa/qa-gost10332-63.html

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it actually is the same bayonet, I would buy a Bessamatic adapter, cut the tube in half. Use a piece of flexible plastic strip sourced from a polypropylene or styrene food punnet, or similar, to join the two together but leave a 3.25mm gap (or 3mm plus the thickness of the hacksaw blade used). Use small pieces of plastic as spacers to keep the gap even. Glue the plastic strip round and let it set.

Fill the gap inside the tube with epoxy putty and smooth it over. This will make your construction rock solid. Paint it matt black inside.

Better that you focus just a little past infinity.

I've done similar to this when being impatient for my MD adapter to come from China with great success.

The job ought to take about half an hour.

I will edit my post ad add pics...

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DKL (Voigtlander/Retina adapter) from big_is

Diagram of cut adapter

common types of epoxy resin.

There is an aperture mechanism in the adapter be sure to avoid that and keep any saw shavings away.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you philslizzy for this advise and tutorial. But I have Canon not nex. adapter for it is much tinner, I don't know If I can do that. Can you post picture of your adapter.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I didn't see answer to see topik!

Thx philslizzy