Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica (AR) 24mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Konica (AR) 24mm f2.8 Reply with quote

LOVE this lens, great for outdoor shots and landscapes not really wide on APS-c, but wide enough for me. I have the latest version with 24/28mm hood (with case) in brand new condition past owner never used it (This man bought it new, and also had a 55 macro and 50/1.7 brand new in cases and all with T4 with auto-winder and flash plus Konica TC, couple of b+w filters pol. and uv and many more, 3x tripods etc. .etc. brand spanking new from the 80's. Bought everything for a ridiculous low price).
Good sharp lens, looks awesome with hood.
Don't remember all the f values but here goes: All shot with Nex 7

Forgot I had this picture, it even came with an tele converter and 135mm 3.2 lens. (not pictured, the 55mm macro came with original 'double' case and original extension tube)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive pictures. Your very lucky to find these in such a good condition!
Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, nice set!! Konica lenses are really a joy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently received my Canon FD S.S.C. 24/2.8 and it looks very similar to this Konica in terms of sharpness both wide open and stopped down. I like it very much. Have anybody had both the lenses? Any thoughts about IQ difference?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures and a very nice haul of Japanese 'Zeiss' Very Happy

Just scored a cheap Konica 35 f2.8 from fleabay - yay!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctures wrote:
I have recently received my Canon FD S.S.C. 24/2.8 and it looks very similar to this Konica in terms of sharpness both wide open and stopped down. I like it very much. Have anybody had both the lenses? Any thoughts about IQ difference?

I'd be surprised that you would see any difference between very good 24mms stopped down, and then it would be probably be down to distortion or wide open comparisons. The excellent Minolta Rokkor 24mm was for sale at £125 and what stopped me buying it was:- what results do I get for my money compared to my Sigma super wide II 24mm (when stopped down).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
what results do I get for my money compared to my (when stopped down).

Well yes that is why I am curious. Anyway this Konica looks excellent!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctures wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
what results do I get for my money compared to my (when stopped down).

Well yes that is why I am curious. Anyway this Konica looks excellent!

You should be happy with your Canon 24mm f2.8........not many complaints on the net, and if you have a Nex these people seem to like it http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/40053340 .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both hexanon 24/2.8 and 35/2.8. Both are exellent. But I prefer them sigma 19 and 30 for for corner sharness.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

You should be happy with your Canon 24mm f2.8........not many complaints on the net, and if you have a Nex these people seem to like it http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/40053340 .

Those dpreview shots looks misfocused. FD24/2.8 looks sharp for me from wide open. Corner sharpness is really good on NEX but yeah not as good as on my APO Lanthar for sure Wink But we cannot compare wide and tele for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Arctures wrote:

I'd be surprised that you would see any difference between very good 24mms stopped down, and then it would be probably be down to distortion or wide open comparisons. The excellent Minolta Rokkor 24mm was for sale at £125 and what stopped me buying it was:- what results do I get for my money compared to my Sigma super wide II 24mm (when stopped down).

Well I had a tokina 24 and sigma 28, the Konica is significantly better (and the price reflects that), especially with sharpness the Konica is so much better then the tokina. The Sigma was good enough have it in FD mount but is 28mm so that always shows (compared to 24mm) Razz If pixelpeeping is your thing buy a konica, if not buy a konica Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogtag wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
Arctures wrote:

Well I had a tokina 24 and sigma 28, the Konica is significantly better (and the price reflects that), especially with sharpness the Konica is so much better then the tokina. The Sigma was good enough have it in FD mount but is 28mm so that always shows (compared to 24mm) Razz If pixelpeeping is your thing buy a konica, if not buy a konica Smile

Well maybe your Tokina 24mm shouldn't be in the "very good" class Wink I've picked up a Komine Vivitar 24mm f2 cheap and am testing it out, and it will be interesting to see the results although I don't have a Hexanon 24mm to compare it with.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Dogtag wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
Arctures wrote:

Well maybe your Tokina 24mm shouldn't be in the "very good" class Wink I've picked up a Komine Vivitar 24mm f2 cheap and am testing it out, and it will be interesting to see the results although I don't have a Hexanon 24mm to compare it with.

Ooh misread the 'very good' part I believed I was answering 'any 24mm will do'. Your right about one thing, Tokina 24mm does not belong at the very good class.