Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon bellows and the lens that came with it
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Pentacon bellows and the lens that came with it Reply with quote

Well here is my latest acquisition/buy, A Pentacon bellows set.I have never had a bellows so this is my first one.Can you tell by the images if all is intact ...ie it is not missing anything? I have not tested to see if it is light tight yet.
Thanks

The panagor lens that came with it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you are ready to shoot with it. Connect rear M42 part to camera and put a lens of your choice in the front M42 thread. Voila.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool mo.
I'd like to see a test with that lens.Kiron made?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unsure of the lens as it appears to be missing the rear end.. Very Happy Give me some time and better weather and I will post up some samples from it and the bellows.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I am unsure of the lens as it appears to be missing the rear end.. Very Happy Give me some time and better weather and I will post up some samples from it and the bellows.

Some lenses were designed specifically for bellows use, and have these significant rear protrusions. You can't mount them straight onto the camera, as it would hit the mirror for sure, and without the bellows, you would have no way to focus it. Wink

This one is strange though, as the rear protrusion seems to have half of a helicoid on it? Perhaps it is a homemade conversion of a normal lens to a dedicated bellows lens?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it seems to be home made as the black paint on it is flaking/wearing off .I will have to be careful of that.
Is there a permanent type of black paint especially for where it screws into the bellows = wear and tear.
The back glass element seems to be able to be removed (this is at the end of the helicoil)....and I have tried unscrewing the helicoil protrusion but no success.on the helicoil part there are the two groves which to me usually means you screw the part back into another half.
A quick handheld test..bad house lighting and I have no decent monitor at the moment as my two year old viewsonic decides to turn off after half an hour so forgive any bad PPing.(using an old CRT)
Focused on the light in the eye,I did some PP on these but can not tell which is better!

Scary dirty light switch...Oops!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more...with the panagor 3.5/135