Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 30/3.5 C&C welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 30/3.5 C&C welcome Reply with quote

I was out for a walk with family, and snagged the camera to take with me (cue much rolling of eyes). Here's the results.

All shots taken between f4 and f11, and used a Macro screw-on adaptor. Feel free to leave C&C, I haven't shot any Macro in quite some time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like ...
they are poetic and delicate ..... Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colorful pics, I love them all!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice color, I have meyer lydith 30/3,5 but never tried for macro, maybe I should try Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the comments. I was impressed with my efforts given a long time away from this type of shooting, but I'm biased, and wanted some real-world feedback from people who *know* good pictures when they see them.

I used the Macro part of this add-on Lens.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/58mm-0-45x-Wide-Angle-Lens-w-Macro-Canon-350D-450D-/270737680355?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item3f093927e3

Although it's awful for above ground photography, it's pretty nice for below ground, and as you can see, the Macro portion works very well. The distortion varies on different lenses. On my 24mm Sigma, it's hideous, the 18-55 Canon is OK, and it's pretty nice on the Pentacon 30/3.5.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 and 5 are excellent.
For me #4 would have been perfect if the tip of the stamen had been the focus point.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza59 wrote:
#2 and 5 are excellent.
For me #4 would have been perfect if the tip of the stamen had been the focus point.

Thanks, #2 is my favourite.

#4, It was meant to be, but it was pretty windy out, and despite holding the Flower with my left hand, it still moved the Focus point further into the Flower. Still better than I thought I would get though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series!
about improving you should find it by yourself
the less confused the scene is, the better it is
per example #3 & #7 look like a mess
I make lot of pics who look like mess but I try to not include them in my selection Wink