Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina Auto 35/2.8 - Konica FTN, is this lens good?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Tokina Auto 35/2.8 - Konica FTN, is this lens good? Reply with quote

Greetings Lens Lovers,

does anybody know this exactly lens, and if so, is it good?

I do know that the M42 Mount 35/2.8 looks totally different from design (flat more, other kind of focus rings, etc) and is optically good.

thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably optically the same as the soligor/vivitar T4/TX mount 35mm. I was not so impressed with the copy I had, it was inferior to a komine made viv 35mm, but there are plenty of quite positive opinions around.

Use the search button (top of page, below make a donation) to find more threads...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very likely the same as the T4 version - Soligor, Vivitar - as marcus says.
The dimensions are similar.
Especially if the filter ring is 49mm.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also suspect it's the same optically as the 8-bladed Vivitar/Soligor/Rikenon version, given the age, and the font.
I have the M42 and T4 versions, and found them both to be very good performers.
But I concur with Marcus. After trying a Vivitar-Komine 35mm f/2.8, it deserves an 'excellent' and edges pass the Tokinas.

Sample pics in my flickr for each, should you be curious.