Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Images You Can Refocus While Viewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Images You Can Refocus While Viewing Reply with quote

Try clicking at different points on the photos at http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2011/06/21/testing-photos-from-the-lytro-camera-images-you-can-refocus/?mod=google_news_blog.

No more focusing at shooting time? Shocked Very Happy

Veijo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thats pretty impressive i must say

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I already replied in another thread about this camera. But this link has pics you can play with! All I can say is a quote from Will Smith in Independence Day "I'mona get me one a these!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read about this in the recent issue of a German tabloid.

Sounds innovative, but I have somewhat mixed feelings.

On the one hand, I'll most likely end up buying one of those Lytro cameras, as I'm a sucker for new technology.

On the other hand, I fear that this will forever end the days of photography as an art form.

Next you know, they are releasing a medium format DSLR that automatically applies the zone system to perfection.

It ceases to be fun or artsy when every bum on the street is able to pull it off, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blinx123 wrote:
Read about this in the recent issue of a German tabloid.

Sounds innovative, but I have somewhat mixed feelings.

On the one hand, I'll most likely end up buying one of those Lytro cameras, as I'm a sucker for new technology.

On the other hand, I fear that this will forever end the days of photography as an art form.

Next you know, they are releasing a medium format DSLR that automatically applies the zone system to perfection.

It ceases to be fun or artsy when every bum on the street is able to pull it off, doesn't it?

Blinx, I thought the same when I heard about this a few months ago. It will change things and it makes me a little sad.

That said, the ability to really create dynamic images is an art and will remain so.

When a pro version of this comes out, it's going to cost a fortune.