Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon 50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Fujinon 50mm Reply with quote

fjnon

Last edited by Socrates on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't be happy with it, as the register is extremely short and image circle very small. Works only on special video cameras. I have that lens btw.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fjnon

Last edited by Socrates on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens is about 1 kilo, so be aware of that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a new thread on FMForums about the same lens adapted to F-Mount, with maximum focusing at 10m. On a Canon body it would focus even further.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1031566

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
There's a new thread on FMForums about the same lens adapted to F-Mount, with maximum focusing at 10m. On a Canon body it would focus even further.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1031566

The claim is that can focus up to 10m on a D3s, but if I look at the optical diagram I find that very unlikely. The guy adapting this lens promised sample pictures last week, but I haven't seen any up till now. On his Flickr account he's now offering the lens for a mere $500..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you read that thread it appears the guy was just stirring up interest to sell his Fujinon 50/0.7 to forum users.

In my experience, lenses with such a rear protrusion such as the Fujinon-TV 25/0.85 do not even cover the mirrorless m4/3 frame. Even with the mirror locked up in live-view, I'd expect that lens would provide a near full circle vignette on his Nikon D3s.

I look forward to seeing some photos with that lens on his D3s, but honestly I don't think it's going to happen...