Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta X500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Minolta X500 Reply with quote

Hello all Smile

Well, this week my Minolta X-500 arrived, together with a 28mm f:2.8 Tokina lens (i think it's an older model, having a bigger barrel, 58mm filter ! and 8 aperture blades, unlike newer version which is smaller, 6 aperture blades, a 52mm filter ring and is less heavier).
First impression: it's pretty solid camera, despinte being made of plastic (the silver part of it imitates very well metal Smile ) and sits in my hand like the P50/P30 of Pentax. The viewfinder is large an bright but the shutter/mirror is little bit noiser than the P30 and the Chinon CM4. However, the most 'stealth' shutter/mirror assembly is the one found in F80/N80 Smile (speaking of SLR cameras).
Now, together with the previously arrived MC Rokkor 50mm f:1.7 lens i'll see how i'll manage to use it on the streets Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have one either side of yours:- X300 and X700 and they are nice cameras to use...the only complaint about them is that they have two capacitors that are dodgy and once one or two blow, the camera is U/S........ you can buy the caps on ebay and fit them yourself if you are handy with a soldering iron.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked my X500, better than the X300 or X700. Combined with the motordrive it's a perfect fit for my (admittedly large) hands. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta X500 Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
the shutter/mirror is little bit noiser than the P30 and the Chinon CM4.

Hi Cosmin! Smile My X-500 has a much quieter (and faster) click than my P50. The P50 actually makes two noises in auto mode - Ke - Klunk. I think it must meter and set the auto shutter speed after the mirror first goes up, it's not so slow in manual mode. Maybe your mirror buffer foam needs replacing?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Minolta. My son gifted to me a XG9 (for my birthday) with the MC Rokkor PF 1,7/50. I put a XP2 Super film. The lens has a very little fungus in the corner of the internal face of the last element. They don't see without a lupe of 10x. No effect .

In my experience, when you see thru the lens with a lupe, and the image is clear, contrast and with correct definition, the fungus no effect.

The cam is new. It seems to be never used. But the controls are fine. All of them. With original box, papers of the purchase original, all like new.

I had my first XG9 in 1980/81.

Inthe same offert, my son bought a XGE with erratic shutter and 2/45 lens in almost mint conditions.

All for 20 bucks. Here, in Argentina that's practically a donation Laughing

Ahhhhhhhhh...............a cheap minolta flash 132 X too in the same combo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much Smile