Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Photo Contest
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Zeiss Photo Contest Reply with quote

For those of you that have a nice picture taken with a nice Zeiss lens:

Carl Zeiss AG is launching a photo contest on 21 December. Under the motto “Your most impressive creations in 2007“, the manufacturer of premium lenses is looking for interesting photos from the past year. The use of a lens from Carl Zeiss is obligatory for participation in the contest. Decisive evaluation criteria are personalized composition and creativity. A short, written description of how the photo originated is also requested. The prizes include a Nokia N95 8 GB, Carl Zeiss lenses and Carl Zeiss binoculars.

The promotion lasts until 7 January 2008 and is evaluated in two categories. In the first category, photos can be submitted that have been taken with a Sony digital camera, a Nokia camera phone or a Logitech webcam. In the second category you can enter photos created with an SLR, rangefinder or medium format camera. A jury will assess all submissions and select ten winners for each category.
All winning photos will be published on the Carl Zeiss website.

Customers who wish to take part in the photo contest can find further information and the participation form at www.zeiss.com/photo

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much Jes. I'll be a sure contender. Maybe I can win a good lens Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Thanks much Jes. I'll be a sure contender. Maybe I can win a good lens Smile

Good luck, Orio!!

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck mate! I cross my finger!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the winner wins one lens. The second one gets a binoculars. All the other winners get crappy prizes Confused

It's almost desperate, I don't think I'll take part.

Zeiss could have been a bit more generous I think... esp. considering that they get publishing rights on the pictures. Evil or Very Mad
Smart commercial operation with nearly all benefits on the Zeiss side Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The participant shall guarantee that the submitted photo is not in any way subject to the rights of third parties. In addition, he or she shall grant to Carl Zeiss AG a positive covenant which is free of charge as well as content wise, time wise and regional unlimited.

They can keep looking at my pictures with their powerful binoculars... Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame. They get unlimited publishing rights on hundreds of best pictures from all over the world, for only the price of one lens!

Shame, shame, shame. I hope that nobody takes part.
Who is Zeiss president now? Ebezener Scrooge? Twisted Evil

-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chances are you'll see some of the images used in Zeiss brochures albeit with credits to the photographers.

Maybe.... Confused