Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax Super Takumar 135mm f2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Pentax Super Takumar 135mm f2.5 Reply with quote

Testing my Pentax Super Takumar 135mm f2.5 Very Happy

It always amazes me how silky smooth the takumars operate after all this years.
All the takumars I have bought is in mechanically top shape!

Have I been lucky or are they all good in general?!? Surprised

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are good and bad ones(variants).
However, the Taks were built to last and fine tuned for manual focusing.

Excellent colors and resolution with these images btw.
Congrats.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBee wrote:
There are good and bad ones(variants).
However, the Taks were built to last and fine tuned for manual focusing.

Excellent colors and resolution with these images btw.
Congrats.

Thx for commenting

I have lots of lenses, but the takumars focus and aperture rings operate so smooth and feels so tight and well made Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just sit here and play with mine...... Rolling Eyes

(I love the feel of a good lens Wink )

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Takumar are good in general, hard to find any in bad working shape (this is pretty true for all well known Japanese brands, Nikkor, Minolta ,Konica etc)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say any Takumar that does not "feel" good probably has something seriously wrong with it.

I have had Takumars in very bad shape cosmetically that still worked super-smooth. They are very durable.

The most common mechanical fault is that after many years some screws may need tightening, so some can be rather loose.

Thankfully, stuck apertures and the like are very rare with Takumars.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got a bit of time to play for the first time with my copy of this lens, (EDIT: Correction. Mine is the S-M-C version 2) but I was very impressed. Seems like I REALLY need to do exposure compensation with it for some reason (like 2 stops worth) but the IQ is outstanding. I think it is going to be a favorite.

Will have to do some more and share results. My Super Takumar 135mm f3.5 just became very expendable. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the image quality difference between the newer Pentax K-Mount?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muddus wrote:
Is the image quality difference between the newer Pentax K-Mount?

I now own four Pentax 135's: S-M-C Takumar f/2.5 and f/3.5 (both of those are M42 screwmount), and Takumar Bayonet f/2.5 and SMC-M f/3.5 (both of those are K-mount). All have different optics. I must admit that although the S-M-C f/2.5 has the best IQ, I am more likely to use the Bayonet f/2.5 because it focuses much closer, 1.2m vs 1.5m for the others. In fact the Bayonet is the closest-focusing of all my fifteen 135's.

Why do I have all those 135's? Because they are all different, and they mostly did not cost very much. And more will arrive soon!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images, and I recognize that pretty lady.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: two of mines are sunbathing Reply with quote

I have six Taks so far. Some looking beaten-up, some pristine -they all work fine.

I think they (Takumar/Asahi) knew that the yellowing will come but they knew it will be decades before that happens. What they didn't expect was that their lenses would last 3,4, even five decades.

Two of mine are in the yard now sunbathing to ease out the yellows in their bottoms. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try Ikea Jansjö, a small and cheap desk light with LED. Faster and easier then sunbathing outside. I am not sure if the light is really recommandable to use as a desk light for reading with soo much UV, but for Takumars, Pancolars and Rokkors it works nice.
Found the advise somewhere on the web.