Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X-Fujinon 24mm / 2.8 Help!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: X-Fujinon 24mm / 2.8 Help! Reply with quote

Hello!

I recently started to shoot film again and I have an old Fuji STX-2 (my first SLR) and some lenses. After several years of storage (inside their leather cases), they are full fo funghi.

I recently disassembled the 24 mm EBC Fujinon to clean it, but now I have a problem: when dismounting, a group of elements came out suddenly and now I cannot get these elements in their right positions/order. I've made several trial-and-error attempts, but failed. The lens is out of focus.

So I have clean glass, a perfectly mint lens barrel, but not a functional lens...

I've been searching the web desperately trying to find a diagram of the correct order/position of the elements but have had no luck so far. So if anyone here can help me, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about rear group? Or you have mixed everything? If only rear or front group: paint a diagram of your glass elements. We'll try to put them together in most sensible order(s). I guess you will be left with 4-6 variants in worst case.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Are you talking about rear group? Or you have mixed everything? If only rear or front group: paint a diagram of your glass elements. We'll try to put them together in most sensible order(s). I guess you will be left with 4-6 variants in worst case.

Hi,

Thanks! I'll post some pictures as soon as I get back home (away for a couple of days...). Main problem is rear group, of course.

I've tried several combinations, but it's time consuming (and the elements end up dirty again), since the lens must be tightly assembled before trying it; then disassembled again for another try...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MatosMario wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

Hi,

Thanks! I'll post some pictures as soon as I get back home (away for a couple of days...). Main problem is rear group, of course.

I've tried several combinations, but it's time consuming (and the elements end up dirty again), since the lens must be tightly assembled before trying it; then disassembled again for another try...

Even though only the rear group is mixed up, please post diagram of both groups, since this may help overall picture.

BTW, I sympathise, nothing more annoying Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draw the elements! You must be sure front system is correct otherwise this won't work.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this will help. Sorry for its quality, copy from a xerox.
I can't tell if the design was changed from the M42 24mm lens.
Good luck!