Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What mount is this CARL ZEISS Tevidon 2,8/70 ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: What mount is this CARL ZEISS Tevidon 2,8/70 ? Reply with quote

I saw it on *bay yesterday, thank God I have no cash

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a cine lens, based on the geared focus and aperture. The mount looks like some kind of cine mount but I'm not familiar enough with any of them to hazzard a worthwhile guess.

JJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suat, that's the bayonet mount.
this lens comes either in c-mount or proprietary bayonet mount.
I guess if you have a good technician he can machine it and put an adapter...if not too expensive.

btw Klaus (Kds315*) is selling it in c-mount in Marketplace: http://www.mflenses.com/mfl-ebay/FS-Carl-Zeiss-TEVIDON-2.8-70mm-for-m4-3-cams-NEX-2.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a special Video bajonet mount Carl Zeiss Jena had developed. It also comes in c-mount but which needs machining to fit a standard c-mount adapter for m4/3 cameras - I'm selling such modified Tevidons.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, no adapter yet exists for the Tevidon bayonet lenses to be used on m4/3 or NEX. An adapter exists that allows these lenses to be bolted onto matching video cameras with three or four screws. From pictures on eBay I guess this adapter can't be used to make a Tevidon bayonet mount adapter for NEX or m4/3, it appears to be too thick and wide.

The lens mount can easily be removed with three screws on the back. Looking at early C mount Tevidons they appear identical to the bayonet ones apart from the C mount screwed onto the rear. I haven't tried it yet but I think you can exchange mounts between Tevidons. I may do so with my C-mount 16mm and bayonet 100mm.