Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soviet ERA-14 135mm/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Soviet ERA-14 135mm/2.8 Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

Here is the first lens of a trio found localy in Ukraine. Era lenses are pretty rare. Exepted the well known Era-6M 50mm/1.5, a set of high resolution lenses were designed by 3 ingeniers (womens) in the begin of 70's.
This information I found in Volosov's book (one of the greatest opticien of soviet union) in the chapiter about high resolution lenses. I can't find anything on the net exepted 2 other Era available on ebay (later production)

So, here is this Era-14 135mm/2.8 (6/4 design)

The rest of the trio will come soon Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Piere! I haved one too (ERA-13, the one missing in your set...), just never made it to adapting it. Unfortunately they show massive chrom. abberration.

Those ERA lenses were designed for early micro chip fabrication, reduction lenses for monochromatic filtered Mercury light only (10nm filter bandwith if I remember correctly - I do have Vollossovs great but rare book too) usually 1:5 or 1:10 reduction. The direct competitors of the Zeiss (West) S-Planas series of reduction lenses.

Last edited by kds315* on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the addition information Klaus!
I will be able to test the 135mm soon, an adapter should come to my home in some days Smile .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing your results!!

Here is my lens btw. http://www.macrolenses.de/ml_detail_sl.php?ObjektiveNr=370