Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi SMC 24mm 3.5 Pic & crop.[PK-NEX Mount just arrived
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Asahi SMC 24mm 3.5 Pic & crop.[PK-NEX Mount just arrived Reply with quote

Well just like a child at christmas....I raced home from work to open up the PK-Nex Mount.

Poped on the SMC 24mm found my ever willing model and.......

What do you think Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy let me know.

First is Full pic no PP just 20%
Second crop of face.....surprised to see moms single hair in her mouth.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Asahi SMC 24mm 3.5 Pic & crop.[PK-NEX Mount just arr Reply with quote

saffersteve wrote:

Second crop of face.....surprised to see moms single hair in her mouth.

Why are you so surprised ? The Pentax 24/3.5, as well as the 28/3.5, is one of the sharpest Pentax lenses ...

Congrats for the buy and for the fine model Wink ...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens has a good reputation, but that is not the best test of such a lens.

Many old wide angles can give sharp results close-up in the center of the frame.

The real tests that bring out the quality differences are:

Corner sharpness and coverage (it shouldn't get fuzzy or dim in the corners, especially at infinity)
Sharpness at infinity or close to it
Distortion
Flare

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
That lens has a good reputation, but that is not the best test of such a lens.

Many old wide angles can give sharp results close-up in the center of the frame.

The real tests that bring out the quality differences are:

Corner sharpness and coverage (it shouldn't get fuzzy or dim in the corners, especially at infinity)
Sharpness at infinity or close to it
Distortion
Flare

I guess one could say that for any lens...but will take the advise and give this lens a little more of a workout.....perhaps it gets even better when overheated from all the light passing though Smile

But not bad for first pics from an unfimiliar lens