Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Jupiter 37A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: New Jupiter 37A Reply with quote

Picked this up for about ?20 with case caps and hood very good condition An 87 model but single coated? I thought it was only the earlier ones that were single coated, never mind hopefully the overall condition will make up for it! and looking forward to using it this weekend as I'm off to this an off roading weekend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, I'm shure the result will be worth the price. Have fun with this lens and all the t3's. . A friend of mine had one of the "Limited last edition", I forget the number. We made almost the whole move to our new house with the help of this car. But he couldn't pay the repair bills at the end. Too much defects... Crying or Very sad

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob

There were always two separate versions of this lens available - the J-37A single coated and the MC J-37A multi-coated. The multi-coated has MC on the lens ring. Both versions were available at the same time, so you could choose which one you wanted.

Your lens is the older version 37A. I think around 1990 this was replaced by a new updated version 37AM, but the differences are hard to notice. This is still available new in both coating versions http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/lenses.htm

I think you'll be delighted with this lens. Have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I also have a non-MC version ('83) and I'm very pleased with the results. I'm sure you won't miss the multicoating.

Carsten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never miss Multi-Coating any of my lenses. I like much more my older lenses without multi-coating , than their MC version.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys cant wait to get away, a weekend without the kids too so I can concentrate! I may use the sigma 17-70 for the action shots depending on the light I still am not fast enough to catch the action on a manual lens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The single coating on the Jupiter-37 is of excellent quality.
Enjoy the wonderful lens!