Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photo examples from the Vivitar 250mm Two Window Preset lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Photo examples from the Vivitar 250mm Two Window Preset lens Reply with quote

A few quick snapshots with it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the colour Smile Nice shots.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these what you expected? I second the colours...beautiful,is there a glow to these images?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
Love the colour Smile Nice shots.

Thank you Martyn. The color is much better than I expected.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Are these what you expected? I second the colours...beautiful,is there a glow to these images?

They are much better than expected mo. And yes there is a glow in these that I totally did not expect. Not a macro lens by any stretch of the imagination as you have to be around 8 to 10 feet away to get focus.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a mediocre shot with an interesting subject - a prairie falcon. This is almost a 100% crop, hence the poor quality.

@f/8:

This lens is definitely better than I expected and it is usable wide open.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to get two decent shots from my copy today. @f/5.6, cropped:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laurentiucristofor/5862354448

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laurentiucristofor/5862354522

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done. Not really a birding lens but you've done well with it. I miss mine already!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Very nicely done. Not really a birding lens but you've done well with it. I miss mine already!

Thanks! And thanks for the tip that led to buying it. It is surprisingly good when I focus it right. But my WB gets all messed up on cloudy days, just like with adaptall lenses - must be something about coatings...

I'm sure you're enjoying the CZJs that replaced your Vivitars Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurentiu Cristofor wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:

Thanks! And thanks for the tip that led to buying it. It is surprisingly good when I focus it right. But my WB gets all messed up on cloudy days, just like with adaptall lenses - must be something about coatings...

I'm sure you're enjoying the CZJs that replaced your Vivitars Smile

I am enjoying the CZJ's but I don't have the variety of lens to choose from any more!! Laughing I always liked the color rendition of this lens. Very nice colors on film as well as with my K7 digital. I never had the chance to try it with a polarizing filter but I feel it would have been great for cloud photos too. The blues were very good with it.