Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens Damage.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Lens Damage. Reply with quote

I am fortunate to live right next to a Territorial Army centre. Quite often, we have Helicopters coming in and out of there, and I get to reel off a few shots at it, and my Daughter usually get's a wave if she is hanging out the window waving, instead of holding up her SLR. Last time with the Pentacon 300/4 was, well, not great.

This time, I had a Canon 75-300 USM MkIII attached when I heard one coming in. Thing is, This lens has seen the attentions of my aforementioned Daughter. Being 3 years old, she does damage simply by looking at something. The front Elements are just about hanging in there physically, and there's an almighty scratch on the back one. I can still grab some half-decent pictures through it though.

C&C Welcomed as always.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are excellent pictures I can't see any trouble on these images. Nice evidence some scratch is not really matter.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's Atilla.

I'll post some pictures of the lens and back element in the next few days. Another lens with damage is my 24mm Sigma. It has a Nice scratch on the Front element and some Fungi to keep it company, so I'll post some pictures from that tomorrow, as I'm off underground with it to inspect a an old Slate Mine.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! thank you!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures will be forthcoming later tonight, I'm totally wiped out. And, Genuis that I am, I forgot to take the Tripod, so no Interior shots.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. Don't see any effect of the 'damage'.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to get a decent shot of the scratch's on these lenses. Any suggestions? I've tried lighting them up through the lens itself, but it just glares it out... although it gives me ideas for other shots.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewStuff wrote:
I can't seem to get a decent shot of the scratch's on these lenses. Any suggestions? I've tried lighting them up through the lens itself, but it just glares it out... although it gives me ideas for other shots.

Put into table below a light source or into a light tent and use macro shoot from tripod.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can achieve tomorrow. I have a point n shoot that does a fairly good macro.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another couple off the same lens. I've still to work out a way to photograph the damage accurately.