Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Source for plastic M42 end caps?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Source for plastic M42 end caps? Reply with quote

Hi all,

It annoys me greatly that I haven't got end caps for the M42 end of some of my lens. Looking on-line, people are wanting silly money for them individually. I don't even want the ones which screw on. Push fit would be fine. Where do you source yours?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller I used to use is no longer advertising on ebay Sad

Some cheap imports though:

Click here to see on Ebay

This guy is in the UK and you only pay postage for the first item:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US source - Camerafilters.com - $1.50 each

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links guys.

ManualFocus-G wrote:
The seller I used to use is no longer advertising on ebay Sad

Some cheap imports though:
This guy is in the UK and you only pay postage for the first item:

Call me tight (and I know I am Smile ), but this is a perfect example of what I mean. The guy in HK is selling them at $1.20 each including free world-wiide shipping, whereas the company in the UK charges $3.15 PLUS shipping. May not be the same product, but you can see what I mean.

luisalegria wrote:
US source - Camerafilters.com - $1.50 each

This is better, but the shipping to UK will bump this up a lot.

So I'll hold off awhile and see if I can source a manufacturer who can supply in bulk. These are plastic caps for cry sakes, they can't be this expensive. I call it outright profiteering.

Sorry. Rant over.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.srb-griturn.com/camera-lens-caps-263-c.asp

£2-99, delivery free. I generally pay £1-50 or £2 at the camera fair for a used M42 cap.

Decent company to deal with as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for these links.
Useful ! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't find bright green, white, or red endcaps off-putting, they are free in the US. Just go to the fridge and take the cap from almost any 64oz. (1.89l) clear plastic juice container. The caps screw onto an M42 perfectly, are quite sturdy, and softer than the hard plastic originals.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost count of the amount of front and rear caps I've bought. Don't people keep caps on their lenses?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a camera shop asked about older lens caps, actually a body cap that I was after...they had a draw full of caps etc...I bought the lot after I asked how much they wanted for them. Very Happy I have a stack of odds and ends.try your local camera store and see if they have any old stuff kicking around! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overmywaders wrote:
If you don't find bright green, white, or red endcaps off-putting, they are free in the US. Just go to the fridge and take the cap from almost any 64oz. (1.89l) clear plastic juice container. The caps screw onto an M42 perfectly, are quite sturdy, and softer than the hard plastic originals.

Now that's a great idea. I'm going to check the fridge!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought quality caps from ebay seller Jinfinance or/and Roxsen they sell them in batch price around 1-2 USD each I guess include shipping from HK.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overmywaders wrote:

I just love solutions like that, but at the same time I'm pissed about how many end caps I've discarded with the juice containers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know where I could get transparent front and back caps. I imagine this would make fungis life harder.