Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

tessar 3,8/105 uncoated 1937 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: tessar 3,8/105 uncoated 1937 lens Reply with quote

My son in law can buy an Ikonta 520/2 with CArl Zeiss Jena tessar 3,8/105. Of course it's uncoated.

Well the camera is ugly a broken. Not use at all.

Only the lens is good.

Not price, should be a change.

Any experience?. I had not any with so older lenses.

The theme is to find an old vintage portrait lens.

Rino

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be meet with your expectation I believe it , it will be rather paint than draw sharp images.

More less from same ages Super-IKonta

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/german/Zeiss/super_ikonta/?

Last edited by Attila on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila.

I hope that the lens be in that way.

Regards,

Rino

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Attila, as you say, not that sharp but produces very nice renderings.

I have two old Tessars that I have yet to use, one I think is an enlarger lens and is labelled 'Carl Zeiss Jena Nr. 1902921 Tessae 1:3.5 f=7.5cm', any idea if this might be of a similar vintage to your Tessar and might produce similar images?

The other is a mystery, not sure what camera it is for, it has a strange bayonet fitting I've not seen before. It is labelled 'Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 2.8/50 5694342' and has the '1Q' symbol so is from the communist era.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1Q means first class quality, can you show us pictures from lenses ?
My guess you have a Praktina mount lens , is it looks like Pentacon six but small ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
1Q means first class quality, can you show us pictures from lenses ?
My guess you have a Praktina mount lens , is it looks like Pentacon six but small ?

Yes, I will take some now.

It could well be a Praktina, it is like a small P6.

I have a few East German lenses with the 1Q, my copy of the Domiplan hjas it a does the Rathenower Optische Werke Visionar 1.9/168 projector lens I have.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pictures: