Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

point 'n shoot digicams - my highlights over the years
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: point 'n shoot digicams - my highlights over the years Reply with quote

This summer has been a bit frustrating. My photo gear and technique is a million times better then before, but events and the weather have me stuck inside.

As we all know, equipment is only part of the story, sometime the most important thing is just being there. Here's my best stuff from cheap digicams.

1) lakeside camping. Not bad for a 2 megapixel camera!

2) A canoe trip up the Nerepis river, the water was flat as glass. If I had the trip back I'd try to photograph a spot with less floating crud Laughing

3) long exposure of a tributary of the Miramichi river, at dusk. I love this one. We didn't catch any salmon, but that was hardly the point!

4) same spot as #3 the following year, out in the middle of the river in my waders, camera balanced on a rock.

And yeah this is a bit off-topic, but hopefully the pics stand on their own.

Last edited by fuzzywuzzy on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with those images at all i have an old ps nikon that producuces some great images and is only 3 megapixel.
I like 1,3 especially very well done remember the best camera is the one we have with us

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice compositions - my only working digital is an olympus C315 (5MP) so I am always keen to see images taken with "similiar" equipment.

What type of P&S was used for the long exposure in #3?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
remember the best camera is the one we have with us

Exactly, the wee digicams fit inside a plastic freezer bag which makes me a lot happier taking them on a canoe trip etc. My latest P+S is so small it fits in a little cell phone belt clip, I carry it everywhere.

bazza59 wrote:
What type of P&S was used for the long exposure in #3

That was my trusty Canon A530, 6MP IIRC. It had an "advanced mode" with several manual settings exposed. A particularly cold night camping during hunting season damaged it in some way, it started eating AAs like the Cookie Monster, you'd get maybe a dozen shots from a fresh pair of batteries. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad for a 2 megapixel camera!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 MPix cams were the first one you really could shoot "seriously" with, esp. when they were equipped with a good lens (such as Nikon, Canon, Sony or Olympus cams).