Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shame I can't afford one - Nikon D3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Shame I can't afford one - Nikon D3 Reply with quote

There's a nice (and very positive) review of the Nikon D3 in this weeks Amateur Photographer. What's unusual is that in addition to modern AF optics the tester tried it with old manual optics to see how it would perform with them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really unusual ! I hope slowly but surely manufacturers start to make again excellent MF lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest shortcoming of the nikon system is the register distance - I hate the fact that I cannot use my newest M42 lenses on the nikon. Means a separate camera (non-Nikon). On the other hand - it's ot as though my nikkors are slouches Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

D3 is way outside any budget I might be able to scrape up. Pictures do look rather super though

patrickh