Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Alium past its prime - MC Industar 61 L/Z - Sony a850
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Alium past its prime - MC Industar 61 L/Z - Sony a850 Reply with quote

Despite having almost every m42 Soviet lens under the sun, the Industar 61 L/Z was one that I always held out on. I'm not one for macro photography, I was doubtful of how 'general-purpose' it was, and I have far too many standards already, so it just didn't make sense. But of course, one came along for a good price so I had to test it out. This isn't anything special, just one of the four shots I took with it so far. Notice the star shaped highlights in the crop? Cool!

One thing that surprised me was an infinity test. I decided to compare it to my Tessar 2.8/50 1Q T-coated 14-bladed. Now I've used this tessar to take some of my most favorite photos. It's a very good copy. I assumed the Tessar would do a bit better at infinity because the Industar was more-or-less calibrated for close-ups. But the Industar kills it! The tessar looks like a soft-focus by comparison. Certainly there are other factors at play, but it was interesting. Please comment if you have a thought.

~Marc