Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Summitar 2/5cm @ NEX-3 (some more shots...)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Summitar 2/5cm @ NEX-3 (some more shots...) Reply with quote

OK, here they are... some more shots:

First the plant in b&w, converted with SiverEfex Pro:

("Kent", because that's my nick in the RFF.)

Now the same subject in different variations:

1. Standard colour, out of cam, only some vary basic pp (level, resharpen after resizing)

("Kent", because that is my nick in the RFF.)

2. Standard b/w, out of cam, only some vary basic pp (level, resharpen after resizing)

3. High contrast b&w, out of cam, only some vary basic pp (level, resharpen after resizing)

4. Faded colour ("Retro"), out of cam, only some vary basic pp (level, resharpen after resizing)

5. B&W, converted with SilverEfex Pro

And some "real" shots:

Flowers at f/2.0

Flowers at f/4.0 (stopped down by 2 stops)

My son (b&w, out of cam)

My daughter (colour, our of cam)

Yes, I shouldn't take pictures of them when they are chewing. Wink

BTW, all shots in AWB setting! The difference in white balance is somewhat striking.
Perhaps the cam did not react fast enough to the quickly changing light (sunny with clouds). I will have to observe that ...

Last edited by LucisPictor on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Summitar 2/5cm @ NEX-3 (some more shots...) Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Yes, I shouldn't take pictures of them when they are chewing. Wink

Why not? That makes the image alive and much more interesting. The portrait of your daughter is very cute, but formal.
The portrait of your son is informal and full of spontaneity and life, I think it's a beautiful photo and I like it a lot better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Summitar 2/5cm @ NEX-3 (some more shots...) Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

The portrait of your son is informal and full of spontaneity and life, I think it's a beautiful photo and I like it a lot better.

I agree, Orio, completely. I was lying on the floor when I took the photo of Constantin.

But generally, I love the way the Summitar renders portraits!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Summitar 2/5cm @ NEX-3 (some more shots...) Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

But generally, I love the way the Summitar renders portraits!!

It's a top class lens, obviously. A great buy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great portraits Kent, I like both of them!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

summitar the star.
you have beautiful children/
i think i like the SEP shot best from among the various BW versions of the same shot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the shot of your son is outstanding, and you get that sweet render--plus while some get dizzy with swirls, I love them!

I think you have a keeper there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:
I agree the shot of your son is outstanding, and you get that sweet render--plus while some get dizzy with swirls, I love them!

I have printed it large (about 16x24cm) and it's amazing indeed.

uhoh7 wrote:
I think you have a keeper there.

Yep! Absolutely.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Great lens and great results with your children!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great, I got an offer for this lens, around $300 is it good price?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
looks great, I got an offer for this lens, around $300 is it good price?

Not too bad. I paid € 185,- for it (which is a bit lower than the offer you have been given).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portraits are stunning others are so so... interesting , but I see this , perhaps lens doesn't matter subject win Laughing