Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vintage Aircraft - Tamron AD2 SP 60-300mm 23a
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Vintage Aircraft - Tamron AD2 SP 60-300mm 23a Reply with quote

I have been working in the South of England this week and used the opportunity to drop into the Shuttleworth Collection and give the 23A an "airing"

I am as ever very pleased with the results from another Adaptall lens

1916 Sopwith Pup

1936 Percival Mew Gull

1944 Piper L-4J Grasshopper (J3C-65D)

The last two accompanied by the Avro Tutor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge aviation fan. Nice shots, thanks for posting them. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

Nice lens too!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - great results from a good lens
Well taken too
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also a big aviation fan. You've got some very nice photos of some cool airplanes that don't often show up at the airshows I've been to. Nice to see them.

The Tamron 23a was one of two lenses that was always in my "walking around" kit back when I was a very active film photographer. The other was the Vivitar S1 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5. They made a great pair, cuz I had very sharp pix from 28mm to 300mm and even twice that when I installed the Vivitar macro teleconverter.

To this day, I still think the Tamron 23a is an under-appreciated lens. I've always found mine to have excellent sharpness with very little chromatic aberration issues. In fact, they're non-existent when shooting with a film camera. They only show up on digital shots, and they can be removed easily in post when necessary. That seems to be the only complaint modern shooters have with the 23a and, to me, it's a minor one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, great shots of some great aircraft!