Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bolex Vario 1.2 8-48mm M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Bolex Vario 1.2 8-48mm M42 Reply with quote

Sound is interesting isn't it ? Nice example what not to do....

Smart guy did cut of a movie camera lens from camera body and made Frankenstein see bellow, final result is a lens what is not 1.2 not even 8mm something else like cheapest crap sigma zoom.

Click on picture if you wish to see some detail in big.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats it for, macro on m42?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It support infinity with additional glass in rear and cover full frame now looks like an 50-200mm zoom or similiar with nasty CA and crap IQ.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no logic behind this project. It would make sense to make it M42 only for use on K3 (Krasnogorsk-3) 16mm camera which is available in M42 mount. Full frame out of 8mm no way. Pentax Q, perhaps.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it have been more economical to sell the (unmodified) Bolex lens and buy an M42 zoom? All that this lns is now, is a conversation piece. Bolex lens were favourites back in the days if cine, I've even seen a CCTV unit sporting one (`C' mount?). Does this lens function at all? How about a shot through it on here?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like the lens came off one of the last Bolex Super 8 cameras . . . the front part has a very Japanese look about it, too. I'm not certain, but I think the final Bolex Super 8s were actually made in Japan. If so, this is no great loss to the world of photography Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Looks to me like the lens came off one of the last Bolex Super 8 cameras . . . the front part has a very Japanese look about it, too. I'm not certain, but I think the final Bolex Super 8s were actually made in Japan. If so, this is no great loss to the world of photography Very Happy

Although I wouldn't dream of blowing the trumpet for Japan, I've got to admit that they have made some extremely fine optics over the years. (Along with some crap too!) If you're right about the last of the Bolex's being made in Japan, it's another shovel full of shame on the west's industrial capability!! We invent it, develop it, perfect it and then we let the east make it more cheaply, for us to buy, who shall we blame for that? (end of rant!) I rather liked Bolex, though I never could afford one!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To butcher a lens like this is a crime against humanity Laughing I don't like these 'maestros' at all, especially sad if they are kill a rarity. I have a 12cm Tessar , pre-war lens I never seen any other pieces, mount is butchered .... Embarassed

I didn't try lens yet carefully just made a quick shoot throw window, first impression was terrible.