Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HELP wanted about Kilfitt Marko 90/2.8 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: HELP wanted about Kilfitt Marko 90/2.8 lens Reply with quote

Any body familiar with this lens?

I just bought one on ebay and believe it's the earliar version which marked as Heinz Kilfitt Munchen Makro-Kilar 1:2.8/90.

It is in Arriflex mount but also can be dismount to two parts, and the front part is M39 mount?

The questions are:

1. Is this the 1:1 version?
2. Is it can be used on Exakta 66 camera which is P6 mount?
3. If it can be use on P6, where can I get the adapter?
4. Saw another adapter from Kilfitt called Realp, what's this adapter for?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or anybody can tell me is this a P6 mount?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No body can help?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when I was a camera dealer (late 80s to mid 90s), I owned one of these lenses. It is a magnificent looking lens, as is the 40mm. From what I understand, all Kilfitt macros are 1:1. Isn't it marked on the barrel?

I don't know if it can be used on the Exakta 66 because of its larger negative size -- I've only seen the Kilfitt macros for 35mm. An easy way to tell what size its image circle is, if you have a room with a light colored wall facing a window, hold the lens up against the window, and move it back and forth until the image it projects is in focus. This tells you two things: the registration distance (which will be greater for the Exakta 66 than for 35mm) and the size of the image circle. If it has a long registration distance and a wide image circle, then it should work for medium format applications. If it doesn't, it's a 35mm lens.

There's an exception to this, though. One 90 Kilfitt I owned had a built-in reflex housing with an M39 (Leica screw) mount. I don't recall now if the housing was removable. But if it was, then a lens like that without the housing would have a pretty long registration distance, but still won't have a greater image circle.

It was something like this in design, but looked entirely different:

Click here to see on Ebay

Oh, I'm pretty sure the "realp" adapter is for Alpa. Kilfitt and Alpa were a popular pair back in the day.