Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rarity search help [Open thread]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one!

I have big hands...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not that rare but not often talked about:

Super Varexon 200mm f/3.9

Can't find much information, other than that is a Zeiss design and made in Japan, apparently.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about De Oude Delft Deltamar lenses, 52mm f/2.7, 64mm f/1.8, 70mm f/1.6 (apparently the most common) and 150mm f/2.8. These came out of a TA-7M camera, used in an Orpheus pod underneath Starfighters and F16s.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Military Sonnar 18cm f2.8 L39

Friend of mine bought it when a Luftwaffe pilot passed away.
Finally I did purchase from him, I never seen any info on NET. Some old Hungarian collector could recognise it they said military finish is obvious (more stripes on focusing barrel) , friend of mine said less than 10 pcs made. Any info much appropriate!

Looked it up for you Attila. That lens was made 3.7.1945 and computed 5.4.1940. It was a batch of 100 lenses (end numbers 501-600) with CONTAX mount.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

maybe I finally ended up in the right place Wink .

I have this Rikenon 17mm f/4, does anybody know anything about it?

Google has completely nothing to say, not a link, nor picture or a review, nothing at all. Seems as I'm the only person on this planet owning this lens. Laughing

I'll post some pictures if you wish.

tnx in advance.

bye

Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, here's one from the man who sold it to me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome nice to see you here! Look another 17mm f4 marketed by another brand like Tokina etc and compare finish. Ricoh not made own lenses just marketed them with own name. They did select lenses carefullly I didn't see any poor lens from them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the hint Attila!

I did a deeper search and the only 17mm f/4 (not fisheye) I could find are these:

Rokkor 17mm f/4
http://cgi.ebay.it/Minolta-MC-W-Rokkor-17mm-1-4-/160645109859?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive&hash=item256731d863

Soligor 17mm f/4
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLIGOR-Auto-Ultra-Wide-1-4-f-17mm-LENS-/130556573054

Honestly the Rikenon resembles more the Soligor shape.
Could it be the original manufacturer or also Soligor's are rebranded lenses?

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta lenses are not re-branded , Soligor is re-branded lens also. Try to hunt Tokina that is possibile original manufacturer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably is a Tokina, they did a later 17mm f3.5 so this f4 could well be an earlier version. The Tokina 17mm is superb btw.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Minolta lenses are not re-branded , Soligor is re-branded lens also. Try to hunt Tokina that is possibile original manufacturer.

Tokina apparently only made a 17mm f/3.5.

Btw, are we going OT? Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a few pictures I took with the Rikenon during my trip to Marocco:

http://flickr.com/gp/slowmotion77/dH00S8

what do you think?

Wink

p.s.

how much would I be able to sell this lens in your opinion?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay will tell you how much you can sell it for.

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on web size like you presented on flickr we can see only lens can capture light and camera create picture I don't see any fine details. Show larger images and people able to judge on it.

Expect low price even if this is 17mm lens, made by unknown manufacturer and branded a cheap Japanese lens. If you like it keep it, if not sell it for what people willing to pay it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowmotion wrote:

what do you think?

Wink

p.s.

excellent photos, reminds me to buy UWA lens Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
So you tell us our advice is off topic and you only want to know how much it's worth. Is this the right place to find the answer you need?

Ebay will tell you how much you can sell it for.

I was wondering if was going off-topic with my requests, not you of course.

I was just curious to find out what sort of lens I stumbled upon as I couldn't find any info on the web. I don't want to put it on ebay because I have no intention to sell it at the moment but I would like to know how much is worthed to understand if I paid the right price or overpaid it, that's it.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:
slowmotion wrote:

what do you think?

Wink

p.s.

excellent photos, reminds me to buy UWA lens Wink

thanks NikonD! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
on web size like you presented on flickr we can see only lens can capture light and camera create picture I don't see any fine details. Show larger images and people able to judge on it.

you mean bigger than current 853 x 1280 right?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowmotion wrote:
Attila wrote:

Yes, one infinity distance shoot and one close-up at least 2500px wide can show lens power.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: rare cine lens - does anyone know about this lens? Reply with quote

Hi everyone, have come across this cine lens and have searched for hours on numerous occations and cannot find another one like it!
Som Berthiot Paris Cinor 1.9/35mm.
I think its for a 16mm cine camera from around the 50's era.
Have found one similar on ebay, but the ebay listed one is distincly more modern and has distincly different coupling and mount as well as different texture on the focus and aperature rings, even though it has the same aperature range and focul length.
If anyone knows about this lens, I would be very interested in your response, am trying to find out it's value predominantly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: rare cine lens - does anyone know about this lens? Reply with quote

littlemissymuffin wrote:

Hi everyone, have come across this cine lens and have searched for hours on numerous occations and cannot find another one like it!
Som Berthiot Paris Cinor 1.9/35mm.
I think its for a 16mm cine camera from around the 50's era.
Have found one similar on ebay, but the ebay listed one is distincly more modern and has distincly different coupling and mount as well as different texture on the focus and aperature rings, even though it has the same aperature range and focul length.
If anyone knows about this lens, I would be very interested in your response, am trying to find out it's value predominantly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
slowmotion wrote:
Attila wrote:

Yes, one infinity distance shoot and one close-up at least 2500px wide can show lens power.

Hello,

here's the infinity picture (not the best light):

here's the close up:

both taken at f/8 i guess.

tnx bye

Very Happy

p.s.

this is the Rikenon 17mm f/4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks avarage to me , better light should change my opinion, thank you for sharing these pictures. When light will be ideal or from Marocco trip it would be nice to see pictures in Gallery, please put into title lens name, people will find it easily in Google if it has an own topic.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Super Travenar 80-200mm f4.5 Lens Reply with quote

Hi i brought a Super Travenar 80-200mm f4.5 Lens, pentax pk mount i know nothing about it , dont have it with me yet but would love to find out more info , if its a decent lens or not
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Chance to get crap pretty high, even Travenar primes are average , I not expect any good from zoom, max average.
If a lens has no info at all rarely good, rather owners want to sell them quickly and not publish anything until sold.