Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A way to re-do lens markings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: A way to re-do lens markings Reply with quote

So I don't think this is anything new. But maybe this little tip is worth something.

Here we have a piece of the KMZ Helios 44 Start-mount with a fair amount of wear. The lettering could use some touch up.

So using an industrial grade Sharpie,

We go over all the lines and let the ink dry.

We are left with this after wiping the excess away:

It's a 1 minute fix that makes your lenses look a hell of a lot better. I've tried the same technique with high quality enamel paint and know what? The sharpie holds up better!

~Marc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent hint! Many thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it easy to wipe away the excess paint?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For white markings I've done the same with correcting fluid, but I don't let it dry completely.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
For white markings I've done the same with correcting fluid, but I don't let it dry completely.

+1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it easy to wipe away the excess paint?

It takes a little effort to get the ink off. A sponge can typically do the job. If you're doing paint, a fingernail with scratch off the excess.